Guía docente de Trabajo Fin de Máster (M56/56/1/21)
Fecha de aprobación por la Comisión Académica 15/07/2022
Máster Universitario en Economía / Economics
Trabajo Fin de Máster
Ciencias Sociales y Jurídicas
Centro Responsable del título
International School for Postgraduate Studies
Tipo de enseñanza
Breve descripción de contenidos (Según memoria de verificación del Máster)
- The development of the Master Thesis aims to show that the student has acquired competences, knowledge and capacity of application and use of basic tools in Economics and Management. The thesis will be necessarily related to the contents of the Master in Economics. It will be orally presented in order to verify student’s presentation skills. Thesis will be annually programmed, taking into account the proposals of students and professors.
Prerrequisitos y/o Recomendaciones
- CB6. Poseer y comprender conocimientos que aporten una base u oportunidad de ser originales en desarrollo y/o aplicación de ideas, a menudo en un contexto de investigación.
- CB7. Que los estudiantes sepan aplicar los conocimientos adquiridos y su capacidad de resolución de problemas en entornos nuevos o poco conocidos dentro de contextos más amplios (o multidisciplinares) relacionados con su área de estudio.
- CB8. Que los estudiantes sean capaces de integrar conocimientos y enfrentarse a la complejidad de formular juicios a partir de una información que, siendo incompleta o limitada, incluya reflexiones sobre las responsabilidades sociales y éticas vinculadas a la aplicación de sus conocimientos y juicios.
- CB9. Que los estudiantes sepan comunicar sus conclusiones y los conocimientos y razones últimas que las sustentan a públicos especializados y no especializados de un modo claro y sin ambigüedades.
- CB10. Que los estudiantes posean las habilidades de aprendizaje que les permitan continuar estudiando de un modo que habrá de ser en gran medida autodirigido o autónomo.
Resultados de aprendizaje (Objetivos)
- Publicly present and defend the knowledge acquired in the different subjects and courses that form the Master in Economics. The presentation must be made clearly and accurately in a certain period of time and in front of an audience that can be specialized or not.
- Apply the acquired knowledge and his/her ability to solve problems in new environment in a more extent framework relates to the field of study.
- Integrate his/her knowledge and face to the complexity of formulate opinions from incomplete and limited information, including reflections about social and ethic responsibilities.
- Communicate his/her conclusions clearly and accurately in front of an audience that can be specialized or not.
- Show to have acquired abilities of learning that allow him/her to continue studying in an autonomous manner.
Programa de contenidos Teóricos y Prácticos
- The students can select any topic related to the Master and accepted by a supervisor. The initial proposal of topics offered by the professors can be found in: http://masteres.ugr.es/ugrme/pages/investigacion/propuestas
- Once students have obtained the agreement from a supervisor, dissertation's topic and supervisor proposal must be approved by the Academic Committee (AC). To this end, students must send the following information about your dissertation supervision:
- Full name
- Selected supervisor
- Research line
- Important DATES: Last day to communicate the TFM’s supervisor through the link in Prado: February 24th, 2023
- Each supervisor will provide students with specific bibliography of the topic chosen.
- Each supervisor will provide students with specific links, useful for the topic chosen.
Evaluación (instrumentos de evaluación, criterios de evaluación y porcentaje sobre la calificación final.)
- According to the Rules of assessment and grading of the students of the University of Granada (latest modification approved by the Governing Board on 26th October 2016), the assessment of students’ academic performance will reflect public, objective and impartial criteria, and will preferably be continuous and ongoing.
- Master thesis writing:
- All Master Thesis will be written and presented in English language. The format or template to present the Master thesis will be available at Master’s webpage: http://masteres.ugr.es/ugrme/pages/investigacion/TFM/ad
- Types of master thesis:
- Literature review (Analysis of the current state and a critical review of a specific subject),
- theoretical or empirical contribution,
- qualitative and/or quantitative analysis,
- field data collection, etc.
- The mark of the Master Thesis depends on the written work in formal style, the oral presentation and the attendance to seminars. Concretely, the final grade of the Master Thesis is based on the assessment of 9 competences (at most 3 points each) and seminar attendance (3 points). It is obtained by dividing the sum of the total points by 3.
- Plagiarism is heavily punished at the University of Granada. Supervisors are required to check the degree of plagiarism by TURNITIN application and to indicate the results in the report that allows the master thesis defense. Supervisors must recommend students any changes in form and content to reach a degree of plagiarism lower than 15% before allowing the defense. This percentage is indicative and is at supervisors' discretion as long as it is well justified in her/his report. The application is available at the following link: http://biblioteca.ugr.es/pages/servicios/turnitin.
- Assessment criteria take into account the acquisition of competences defined in RD 861/2010 and the provisions of the verification report of the Master's Thesis. Concretely, the assessment criteria approved for this master are available at: http://masteres.ugr.es/ugrme/pages/investigacion/TFM/ad
- The grades will be assigned according to the following numerical scale of 0-10 with one decimal:
- 0 to 4.9: Fail ("Suspenso" SS )
- 5.0 to 6.9: Pass ("Aprobado" AP ) .
- 7.0 to 8.9: B ("Notable" NT )
- 9.0 to 10: A ("Sobresaliente" SB ) / or Distinction ("Matrícula de Honor" MH )
- To be eligible for Distinction, master thesis must fulfill the following conditions: (i)he/she obtains a grade not lower than 9 and (ii) the Thesis Committee proposes him/her for distinction.
- Students who fail must present the thesis orally again in a subsequent call and may be asked to write again the thesis by the Evaluation Committee.
- Formal aspects of the viva
- The public defense of the research will take place under the conditions and guidance of the corresponding Coordinator of the Evaluation Committee. As a general suggestion, exposition should not be longer than 15 minutes. Additionally, the student must answer the questions and comments formulated by the Committee in the timely manner indicated by its Coordinator. The exposition can be supported by electronic media deemed as appropriate to facilitate better understanding of the developments made in the research work.
- Attendance to seminars
- Students must attend all the general seminars organized by the Master in Economics (apart from those organized in courses they are enrolled in). If they do so, they will get 1 point out of 10 (or, equivalently, 3 out of 30), and 0 points otherwise. The same criteria apply for students from Double ICCP-Economics master only during the academic course in which they deposit the master thesis. Usual official justification for absences applies.
- First ordinary call JULY 2022
- Deadline for submitting documentation: July 7th 2023.
- Dates of defense: July 2023, 19th, 20th or 21st.
- Article 19 of the UGR Assessment Policy and Regulations establishes that students who have not passed a course in the ordinary assessment session (convocatoria ordinaria) will have access to an extraordinary assessment session (convocatoria extraordinaria). All students may take part in this extraordinary assessment session, regardless of whether or not they have followed continuous assessment activities. In this way, students who have not carried out continuous assessment activities will have the opportunity to obtain 100% of their mark by means of an exam and/or assignment.
- Second ordinary call SEPTEMBER 2023.
- Deadline for submitting documentation: September 4th
- Dates of defense: September 2023, 11th, 12th, 13th.
Evaluación única final
- No applicable.