Guía docente de Prácticas Externas (M56/56/1/40)
Centro Responsable del título
Tipo de enseñanza
- Juliette Milgram Baleix
Juliette Milgram BaleixEmail
- Primer semestre
- Jueves 15:30 a 17:30 (Empre. Desp. B326)
- Jueves 10:30 a 12:30 (Empre. Desp. B326)
- Viernes 12:30 a 14:30 (Empre. Desp. B326)
- Segundo semestre
- Martes 9:30 a 12:30 (Empre. Desp. B326)
- Miercoles 9:30 a 12:30 (Empre. Desp. B326)
- Miércoles 9:30 a 12:30 (Empre. Desp. B326)
Breve descripción de contenidos (Según memoria de verificación del Máster)
- Internship will be realized only in firms and institutions which have signed an Agreement with the University of Granada (through ICARO).
- The length of the internships will be 200 hours, corresponding to 8 ECTS credits. Its content will aim to apply the theoretical and practical knowledge obtained in the Master’s courses.
- The period to apply for internships will be open during all the academic year (as long as there is enough time to complete the 200 hours of practice) and its development will be tutored academically by a professor and by a tutor from the company.
- The UGR Center for Employment Promotion and Practices (Centro de Promoción de Empleo y Prácticas de la UGR) will be responsible of the internship management (request documentation from students and firms. The management platform for internships will be ICARO (https://icaro.ual.es/ugr).
- Students are allowed to propose firms for their internship, being an essential condition the signing of the Agreement of Internships with the University of Granada through ICARO.
- There are two types of internships that students can do:
- External internships: In private firms and external institutions/entities. Internship proposals must be validated by the Academic Committee.
- Internal internships: In Departments and other UGR units. In Departments, Master’s lecturers can propose internships consisting of performing tasks related to his/her research lines.
- The Academic Committee is in charge of assigning internships to students, taking into account both the requirements established by firms, institutions and departments, as well as students' preferences. This Committee is also in charge of following its progress.
- Alternatively to the development of current internship in the academic year, students can request the acknowledgement of ECTS credits if they fulfill the criteria and procedure of the University of Granada detailed in http://escuelaposgrado.ugr.es/pages/masteres_oficiales/tramites_admin_alumnos_master
Prerrequisitos y/o Recomendaciones
- There are no academic prerequisites
- Academic committee can reject the demand of any student if her profile does not fit with any offers of internship or if no company is interested in its CV.
- Decisions will be comunicated before the deadline for "Alteracion de matricula" (change of registration) so that students can register in another subject.
- However, students must stick to the application and administrative procedures to be assigned an internship. In particular, students that do not indicate their interest and does not perform the application on time will not be assigned any internship.
- CB6. Poseer y comprender conocimientos que aporten una base u oportunidad de ser originales en desarrollo y/o aplicación de ideas, a menudo en un contexto de investigación.
- CB7. Que los estudiantes sepan aplicar los conocimientos adquiridos y su capacidad de resolución de problemas en entornos nuevos o poco conocidos dentro de contextos más amplios (o multidisciplinares) relacionados con su área de estudio.
- CB8. Que los estudiantes sean capaces de integrar conocimientos y enfrentarse a la complejidad de formular juicios a partir de una información que, siendo incompleta o limitada, incluya reflexiones sobre las responsabilidades sociales y éticas vinculadas a la aplicación de sus conocimientos y juicios.
- CB9. Que los estudiantes sepan comunicar sus conclusiones y los conocimientos y razones últimas que las sustentan a públicos especializados y no especializados de un modo claro y sin ambigüedades.
- CB10. Que los estudiantes posean las habilidades de aprendizaje que les permitan continuar estudiando de un modo que habrá de ser en gran medida autodirigido o autónomo.
Resultados de aprendizaje (Objetivos)
Internships must facilitate the application of the knowledge and skills obtained by a student in his/her work. Hence, the objectives achieved during this period will vary depending on the institution.
Student will be able to:
- Do usual professional tasks related to Economics and Business Administration.
- Do typical activities of management and business administration.
- Develop their activity in collaboration with other professionals and work as a team.
- Work in institutions doing typical tasks of a person with a Master’s degree in Economics.
- Do basic and applied research in Economics and Business Administration.
Programa de contenidos Teóricos y Prácticos
The characteristics of the internships are the following:
- Not remunerated.
- The insurance is paid by the University of Granada.
- 200 hours, 25 hours a week maximum (5 hours a day maximum). Depending on the schedule set with the student, the number of total weeks may vary.
- Their regular attendance at classes and exams should be facilitated.
- Starting date depends on the needs of the company, starting from February 1, 2022 and with the possibility of ending until June 2022 as long as it starts well in advance so that students can work 200 hours .
- Not applicable
- Not applicable
- Not applicable
- All details will be provided on the webpage of the master : https://masteres.ugr.es/ugrme/pages/info_academica/internships/practicas
- Alternatively, all details will be provided through Prado (Prácticas externas - 2022 (COMÚN)). https://pradoposgrado2022.ugr.es/
Evaluación (instrumentos de evaluación, criterios de evaluación y porcentaje sobre la calificación final.)
Validation procedure for EXTERNAL internship. At the end of the internship:
- Tutor from the company should send a report to Icaro (Informe de Valoración)
- Academic tutor (Juliette Milgram) send a report to Icaro (Informe de Valoración)
- Students send a report to Icaro (Informe de Valoración)
- Students have to provide a report (Tasks through Prado), following the template available in Prado, no more than 15 days following the end of the intenships.
- The academic committee will assign a mark based on the reports of: the company, the academic tutor and the student.
Validation procedure for INTERNAL internship. At the end of the internship:
- Supervisor from the department send their report to the academic tutor (firstname.lastname@example.org) following the template available in Prado.
- Students have to provide a report (Tasks through Prado), following the template available in Prado, no more than 15 days following the end of the intenships
- The academic committee will assign a mark based on the reports of: the Supervisor, the academic tutor and the student.
The assessment is based on report from the company (50%); Report from the student (30%); Attitudes and respect of the procedures (20%)
- Extraordinary call only applies for students who could not finish the internship on time to be evaluated in the Ordinary call.
- If student deos not pass in the Ordinary call, she will have to register again next year for these credits or other credits.
Evaluación única final
- By definition there is a unique final assessment for the internship.
- Students enrolled in INTERNSHIPS should select the preferred proposals (maximum 3) between the list of external and internal internships published in Prado and on the webpage of the master.
- Students have to indicate three preferences (in order) and the requirements they fulfill for each preference.
- Students must also provide a CV in English and in Spanish if the institution they are interested in does not speak English.
- Preferences and CV should be provided through the link indicated in Prado and on the webpage of the master.
- Deadline for application: to be specified at the beginning of the course
- The academic Committee will assign internships taking into account institution’s preferences and requirements.
- If several students were interested in the same internship, they may organize a selection process in collaboration with the firm. If applicable, there may be an interview with the internship tutor.
- Final assignment will be communicated on date to be specified at the beginning of the course
- Validation of credits within the Master in Economics will follow the procedure of the University of Granada detailed in http://escuelaposgrado.ugr.es/pages/masteres_oficiales/tramites_admin_alumnos_maste
ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURE FOR EXTERNAL INTERNSHIP:
- Company registers (or has already registered) as company "Empresas" in platform Icaro
- Student registers (or has already registered) as applicants “Demandante” in platform Icaro (see tutorials below).
- Student agrees with the company the approximated date of beginning (IMPORTANT: If the student is not yet registered in the External Internship course, the internship cannot officially begin before submitting the alteration form.
- Send an email (in Spanish if the company does not speak English) to Academic tutor (email@example.com) with copy to the Company’s tutor indicating : I, [SURNAME NAME IDENTIFICATION NUMER USED IN THE ENROLMENT] agree to do the internship [NAME OF THE OFFER], starting on [BEGINNING DATE] to perform the following tasks [TASKS INDICATED IN THE OFFER]
- The company publishes a nominative offer indicating: surname and name of the student, identity number used to enrol the master + approximated date of beginning
- The internship office informs the student by email indicating the deadline to register through the platform in the curricular offer
- If the company has no agreement with the university yet, the internship office will send to the company an agreement to be signed (10-15 days)
- The internship office will inform the student and the company when everything is ready. Student should then ACCEPT THE INTERNSHIP and could start. (Aceptación de la Práctica Curricular e incorporación a la empresa)
- End of the internship: see Validation of procedure External internship
ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURE FOR INTERNAL INTERNSHIP:
- First step:
- Student agrees with the TUTOR the approximated date of beginning (IMPORTANT: If the student is not yet registered in the External Internship course, the internship cannot officially begin before submitting the alteration form).
- Send an email to Academic tutor (firstname.lastname@example.org) with copy to the internship’s tutor indicating :
- I, [SURNAME NAME IDENTIFICATION NUMER USED IN THE ENROLMENT] agree to do the internship [NAME OF THE OFFER], starting on [BEGINNING DATE] to perform the following tasks [TASKS INDICATED IN THE OFFER]
- End of the internship:
- Tutor and student submit a report to Academic tutor (email@example.com) (Final report Internal internship)